Re: Please where is the consolehelper control

mcforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
How can I stop the query for system updates from occurring before I enter the command.  I don't want the icon popping up telling me about the available updates.  I want to do it myself.  When I enter "yum update" it has to wait for the automatic query that I don't want to use to finish.  I looked at sysconfig, pup, pirut and didn't find any place to inhibit this action.

Robert McBroom

To disable the applet:
System->Personal->Sessions

To disable the daemon: