Re: Inspiron 6400/1505 & Intel 3945 how to?

On 10/22/07, Jason Taylor <jmtaylor90@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/22/07, Fulko Hew <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Let me try a different approach to my issue/concern...
>
> I've tried lots of approaches including atRPMs and
> the sourcforge sources, and the F8 iwl drivers, but so far no joy...
>
> Is there anyone out there that has a Dell Inspiron 6400/1505
> and has F8/Rawhide running with a working Intel 3945 wireless?
>
> If so, how?

I am using a M1710 with an intel 3945 and it works out of the box.
What do your config files look like, is your card picked but network
manager isn't working?

What config files would you like to know about?
and what does 'is your card picked' mean?

I can tell you that:
a) when I start NetworkManager(Dispatcher) and KNetworkManager,
   KNetworkManager does not list my wired eth0, and does not list
   any wireless networks.
b) I see warning/error messages that says the 'kill switch is enabled'.

What else would you like to know (to try to help me)?

TIA
Fulko