Re: I lost Windows

Antonio Olivares wrote:
--- John Summerfield <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Jason Taylor wrote:
On 10/21/07, John Summerfield
<debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, bugzilla #322401 addresses this, and Jeremy
mentioned that this
is fixed in the latest update. As far as I know
(what I had to do) was
just manually add the Vista partition to the
grub.conf and away I
went.
I was dreading the thought of this going out
unfixed. Its a minor inconvenience for me, but you should see the problems people have been having with grub, on F-list! They'd be formatting their disks, reinstalling Windows, swearing off Linux....

This would not be a wise thing to do.  They should

You know that, I know that. but there's a lot on F-L who don't. Take a look at the discussions in the past week!

This happened to me as well on a machine, I did not
even noticed.  Then I wanted to boot Windows, and the
grub entry was not there.  So I said to myself "oh
shit", but I did what Jason said, manually added the
entry to grub.conf and I was able to boot up windows
again.

I just typed in to the grub command line:
chainloader (hd0,0)+1
boot

--

Cheers