Re: Graphical windows at boot - wish-item

Ray Strode wrote:
It turns out it only had a hard-coded list of about 12 services that it would present anyway (also, some of them weren't even useful in fedora like RHN, or only useful once like firstboot), so we discussed it and decided to ditch the messages.

We don't want to invest a lot of time in RHGB because it's going to get retired in F9 for better graphical boot options.

Some text and a countdown - matched by a 0-100% progress bar:
"This computer will be ready for use in 23-22...4 secs" - and the login prompt appears at the time 0. Base it on normal startup duration for the machine {ie learned}.

Note you can still get very detailed messages by clicking the Details expander.
I'd like that capability to stay. Then I get an early indication of something going wrong during boot.

DaveT.