Re: one more time -- "yum update" grief

On 10/18/07, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  and yet again, a simple "yum update" ends badly:

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/share/gdm/themes/FedoraInfinity/FedoraInfinityGDM.xml
conflicts between attempted installs of fedora-logos-7.96.0-1.fc8 and
fedorainfinity-gdm-theme-8.0.1-1.fc8

  i realize this is a test release, but it seems that there have been
an annoying number of update glitches lately, what with missing
dependencies and conflicting dependencies.  are these things not even
sanity-checked before they're unleashed?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca

I hit this one too.  The odd thing is when I went to http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Packages/ there was a newer version of fedora-logos than what my mirror was offering me.  I grabbed fedora-logos-8.0.0-1.fc8.noarch.rpm and installed it and the rest went ok.

--
Caerie Houchins