Re: F8 t3 DNS setup problem

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, David Boles wrote:

To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
    <fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Boles <dgboles@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: F8 t3 DNS setup problem

*snip*
After you set your static numbers did you turn off (disable) Network
Manager before you rebooted? And why did you reboot anyway?

I like to reboot to know that everything is going to come up fine after a reboot. I have Been caught out with that before. Settings that only work for the initial session, that do not work after the machine is rebooted.

Originally NetworkManager was not running. I started KDE and I could not connect to the internet. The NetworkManager displayed a red cross on the ethernet icon and right clicking on it told me that NetworkManager was not running. So I assumed I had to run NetworkManager to get my eth0 card working.

Do I need NetworkManager installed and running to connect to the internet?

Kind Regards

Keith Roberts

------------------------------------------------------------ http://www.karsites.net http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

This email address is challenge-response protected with http://www.tmda.net ------------------------------------------------------------