test 3 PXE boot hangs

I'm trying to use the PXE files to load F8 test3 on an IBM X40 laptop. I copied the kernel and initrd.img to the laptop and configured grub to load them. This is how I normally install Linux on this host, since it has no removable media. The system boots, and gets to "running /sbin/loader", and goes no further. I can still switch terminals, and keystrokes are printed to the console, but that's it. Ctrl+Alt+Del does not reboot the system.

All of my filesystems, except for /boot are logical volumes. The logical volume for /home (LogVol02) is an encrypted filesystem, but that's the only thing that I can think of that would be "odd" about my system.

What can I do to determine where the installer is hanging up?