Re: GRUB after hibernate

Doncho N. Gunchev wrote:
On Wednesday 2007-10-03 01:01:44 Leon Stringer wrote:
Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 22:02 +0100, Leon Stringer wrote:
I'm thinking of installing F8t1 on my laptop. Can anyone tell me if there's been any movement on running GRUB after Fedora is hibernated. IIRC this isn't shown because the user could choose a different kernel losing any unsaved data from the hibernated session.
Actually, the _bigger_ concern is that someone does exactly like you
wants to and boots into another OS.  And from that OS, they modify
filesystems (maybe you have your ntfs filesystems mounted under Linux or
you access the ext3 partitions from Windows) which then leads to
significant filesystem corruption when you resume from hibernate.

There is, and you can get to grub at your own risk - hold down ctrl/shift
or whatever it was when turning the laptop on. Be sure not to use any
partition in both OS-es!!! Another way is to press Up/Down key just when
turning the machine on... experiment, I don't have windows and found this
just because I was curious enough ;-)

Thanks Doncho, that works for me, it's exactly what I was after!