Re: GRUB after hibernate

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 22:02 +0100, Leon Stringer wrote:
I'm thinking of installing F8t1 on my laptop. Can anyone tell me if
there's been any movement on running GRUB after Fedora is hibernated.
IIRC this isn't shown because the user could choose a different kernel
losing any unsaved data from the hibernated session.

However, this seems to be burdening the user with cumbersome
functionality whereas what it really needs is a technical solution.

I suppose the real question is why there's a need to switch from Linux to Windows (and I don't mean metaphysically), or if the real goal can be accomplished using another technique like virtualization (VMWare, Virtual PC, etc) or emulation (Wine).

Because as Jeremy noted, any OS can write to any partition.

Chris