Re: scanner problems

Scott Berry wrote:
Hello there,

My father has a Brother all-in-one printer/scanner/fax machine and Xsane doesn't seem to be working with the Brother. Are there going to be any updates coming out for xsane? It looks like Xsane is missing a couple of libraries.

Scott

I have an HP all-in-one scanner that needs to have the power cycled in order for it to be recognized properly by xsane. It might be that the device has a peculiarity such as that. Otherwise, it would probably be best to submit a bug report with the printer brand and the output of utilities for xsane which detect scanners in general. The maintainer for xsane might ask for specific outputs from some programs to diagnose the problem better.

Jim

--
We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.
	-- John Naisbitt, Megatrends