Re: rawhide i386 live image available

Jeremy Katz wrote:
A new rawhide-based live image is now available for testing.  The only
One of the biggest focuses of this image is to get some eyes on the new
NetworkManager version which we're landing for Fedora 8.  As this wasn't
ready in time for test2, we're hoping to get some quick testing to help
ensure that it works very well for test3 and not lead to a lot of people
being entirely unable to try things out as test3.
On a HP compaq nx6320: boots up OK, and logs in after countdown timeout. Web browsing, solitaire, 4 in a row, freecell work fine.

The Network Manager notifier quickly shows the lost connection at ethernet cable removal, and it quickly connects again when the cable is replugged {this is a definite improvement on F7, which seems to miss these events - which might have been my doing}.

The applet also lists the couple of wireless networks available. There was no special prodding required to get the wireless drivers activated, they worked out of the {live} box. Intel wireless {forget which}.

Clicking one of them disconnects the wired connection, and provides the 'the network is secured - what is the password or passphrase' prompt. Even after typing a 60-80 characters, the dialog never enables it's connect button, leaving only the cancel button highlighted.

It seems there may be something wrong here; I did think it might be that the decrypt key is being actively tried as I am entering the pass/phrase characters, and it is simply that I do not know the passphrase that means that I don't get connected. That is : should the connect button actually become highlighted ?

DaveT. [azureus .torrent share ratio 12.4 ;-) ]