Re: Updating to F8 (rawhide)

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Ronald Warsow wrote:

I *can't find anything* what makes any diff.'s to a simple "burn iso and install" and sounds to me like a so called "anaconda-based update" on the page you provided.

The above means(with a cynically undertone):
You steel my time, which I better can spend on testing, when you stereotype broadcasting the same info, when I explicitly asked for more.

It just means, the information you wanted is already there and you could read what is written or atleast explain what you didn't understand. The

HELLO WORLD
is the question:
what's a "anaconda-based update" and where can one read something of it's magic"
understandable ?
is there a need to explain what I want to know ?

HELLO WORLD
how many words "anaconda" do you can find on this page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing
and
how is this chapter overwritten ?
anaconda-based-update ?

rahul
-SIGH-
yes, *I* can read what *I* can see/what is written and (mostly) *I* know what I have read. apart from that someone calls a "cd/dvd/iso-based install or a network install" a "anaconda-based update" I got not the impression that my brain is clipping/jamming.

and I'm used to ask *then* to exclude that it starts clipping *stereotype* on the same questions again, otherwise I should "gurgle" with some anti-lime stuff.
you know ?!

latest test release is available at

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/7.91/
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org

You could also get the rawhide boot.iso and do a network installation

btw.
I'm running RH since 6.x and Fedora from the beginning
it could therefore be that I have seen *anaconda*[1] running, lets say a few times just above 2 or 3, and believe mostly I find a mirror.

at least I was successful up to "rawhide F8" !
but "anaconda-based update" never seen/heard of.

[1] -IRC- anaconda was introduced around RH 6.x (fix me)

so lets say *thanks* for your expressive/impressive/informational answer.

- PLONK-

(as Alan Cox used to say in that sort of affairs, hopefully it's under GPL)

Rahul

--
     Ronald