Re: kernel.i586 set to be updated even though not i586

Dave Jones wrote:
On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 09:22:59AM -0700, stan wrote:
> I'm using yum update to update my rawhide system. It has the following > kernel characteristics.
 > uname -a
> Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.23-0.195.rc7.git3.fc8 #1 SMP Sat Sep 22 > 08:20:01 EDT 2007 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux > > I see that kernel.i586 is in the update list. This seems like it might > be a problem. Shades of the Fedora Core 6 problem.

If you had a kernel.i586 installed at any point in the past
(say from the FC6 screwup), then it'll continue to recieve updates.

If you can reproduce this with an install of the current tree, that
would be worth filing a bug about.

	Dave

Thanks for the response.

This rawhide started as a fresh Fedora 7 install. I then upgraded to rawhide by switching repositories and manually taking care of the inconsistencies. Because I used a dump of every system I have to get a list of rpms to install it is possible I pulled in the i586 kernel rpm from Fedora Core 6. There is no i586 image in boot though. Just one of those anomalies, I guess.

I probably won't reimage as there are 4000+ packages and it would take forever to get back.
I'll manually try to remove it continue to monitor.