Re: sound broken by latest update

Ben Little wrote:
well this is a little odd I went into my volume control and selected the oss mixer for my device and tested a local file and got sound, then I switched to the alsa device and got sound.

then I switched back to asla on the snd-intel device and sound magically works again.

I'm not sure what happened there, but apparently I just needed to touch the settings to make it work again?

I hate magicians but damn I sure do love magic!

Sorry Gilbert, not using those sound players so I won't be much help there

On 9/24/07, *Gilbert Sebenste* <sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Ben Little wrote:

    > hi ho,
    >
    > it looks like the following package updates have broken sound in
    the flash
    > player plugin
    >
    > Sep 22 21:12:10 Installed: pulseaudio-lib -
    0.9.7-0.11.svn20070907.fc8.i386
    > Sep 22 21:12:40 Installed: alsa-oss-libs - 1.0.14-3.fc8.i386
    >
    > I had installed liboss to fix sound after the last update but
    now it appears
    > to be broken again.
    >
    > 2.6.23-0.193.rc7.git1.fc8

    Actually, with the latest FC7 kernel (2.6.22.7 <http://2.6.22.7>),
    I am getting no audio. I
    use Icecast to capture, Darkice to stream. Servers are up; I'm
    routing
    them to port 8010 but I'm getting a "denied connection" error.

    Anyone else seeing this?

Sound works fine here, it just resets the volume of master and record to zero each reboot. Once adjusted with alsamixer it is OK.

Latest rawhide.