Re: grubby fatal error: unable to find a suitable template

Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
Ronald wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:54:43 -0400
<snip>

With todays rawhide update, grub.conf was properly updated. So, is there a problem with mkinitrd which provides grubby, or what?

don't known what's the question here.

The question is (sorry, don't know how to properly phrase it): does a problem in mkinitrd lead to a failure during grubby time when you are updating a kernel?
okay, no problem !
AFAIC, yes !

you easily can see what's going on on kernel updates, if you download the kernel and install it manually with:

rpm -ivh ... -vvv
maybe with a "2>&1 | tee what-does-kernelupdate-do.file" to circumvent the modules-install-screens

--
     Ronald
circumvent/surrounded (a speech I lastly read):