Re: Gnome Panel needs Mono?!

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

Why the push for C# applications? Is it a SuSE & Microsoft move?

The OP's question was reasonable. You are adding unnecessary flames to it. Don't do that. I assume it was done to pull in Tomboy by default since it part of GNOME and installed by default but can probably be done better via comps.xml. Same goes for gthumb and GNOME volume manager.

Rahul

Adding it to comps.xml sounds great to me. I don't find value in a program like tomboy.

Though commenting further on a SuSE and Microsoft conspiracy to change the code base for all of GNOME into C# is a tempting subject to explore off of the list.

No mono please.

Jim

--
I don't know why, but first C programs tend to look a lot worse than
first programs in any other language (maybe except for fortran, but then