Re: This is driving me crazy...wrong kernel boots up after installing new one

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, ne... wrote:

On 8/31/07, Jonathan Steffan <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The question is why the install didn't set the new kernel to boot by
default. This has happened to me a few times now, even with non-test
kernels.
IMNSHO, this is not the way to go. You have no idea whether the new
kernel will work. Manually select it and if it works change grub.conf.
having said that I believe there is a setting that does this for you.
I am not sure where tho as I do not use it.

Hello Ne..,

I do have a 10 second delay I put in so that if I reboot from home and it's a heinous failure, I'll quickly drive in and manually override it upon reboot. The problem is weird, though.../boot/grub/grub.conf always has the default=0 after an upgrade, while /etc/grub.conf always flips back to default=1. I'd like to know how to make it so that default=0 always after a kernel upgrade.

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***