Re: reducing power usage of Fedora - how you can help!

Bill Nottingham schrieb:
Would you like your laptop battery to last longer? Would you like your
servers to use less electricity? We certainly would. So we're investigating
and fixing Fedora to use less juice.

Power usage (5 minute ACPI estimate) :  48 W

# nvclock -S 15
New Smartdimmer level: 15%

Power usage (5 minute ACPI estimate) :  25 W

# hciconfig hci0 down ; rmmod hci_usb
#  modprobe -r firewire_ohci
# service pcscd stop
# mount -o remount,noatime /
# hal-disable-polling /dev/scd0
# service cpuspeed stop
# echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
# ethtool -s eth0 wol d
# rmmod uhci_hcd
# echo 2 > /proc/sys/vm/laptop_mode
# killall mixer_applet2
Power usage (5 minute ACPI estimate) :  18 W

# iwpriv eth1 set_power 1

Power usage (5 minute ACPI estimate) :  12 W

Though the numbers may be not accurate, we see what saves us the most...