Re: Fedora 7 Test Update: kernel-2.6.22.1-33.fc7

Paul Johnson wrote:
On 7/25/07, updates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <updates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Fedora Test Update Notification
FEDORA-2007-1239
2007-07-24 22:10:40.310999

Name        : kernel
Product     : Fedora 7
Version     : 2.6.22.1
Release     : 33.fc7
Summary     : The Linux kernel (the core of the Linux operating system)
Description :
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
Linux operating system.  The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system:  memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.

Just want to let you know this kernel works great with Dell D820
Latitude laptop. I have no difficulties with suspend and resume.  Only
problem I still have is that the iwl3945 wireless driver refuses to
join open networks, but it works fine with networks that use WEP.
I've disabled that and the ipw3945 driver from intel works great.
Suspends and resumes without hassle.

Battery life may be improving as a result of the HPET support in the
new kernel.  I also ran powertop and followed its advice, so I can't
be sure where the improvement is.   It appears to me the batteries
last between 10 and 20% longer, depending on whether I compile
anything.

Testing and feedback much appreciated. Thanks.

Rahul