latest rawhid won't boot on old Dell Optiplex GX1

One of my testbed machines is an old Dell Optiplex GX1 (Pentium II @
333 MHz) and the latest round of rawhide updates have left it in an
unstable state so I figured I'd do a rawhide install using the boot.iso
image.  The sad part is that the boot.iso image won't go beyond the
load the kernel stage.

It loads and decompresses the kernel, then the machine automatically
reboots over and over.

This seems definitely related to the newer kernel.

Wolfe