Re: Issues updating from update repo on Fedora7

> [root@localhost ~]# yum list pidgin
> Installed Packages
> pidgin.i386 2:2.0.0-0.34.beta7deve installed
> Available Packages
> pidgin.i386 2.0.1-1.fc7 updates
>
> but it comes back with a all up to date.
> [root@localhost ~]# yum update
> Setting up Update Process
> No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion
> [root@localhost ~]#
>
> I'm done a "yum clean all" to no avail. Its rather annoying. Any
> ideas/suggestions?

You had pidgin installed during rawhide when it had an epoch.  We dropped the
epoch as only a small window of rawhide users were effected.  You can remove
your current pidgin then install again and it will pick up the newer pidgin
sans epoch.

Pidgin was just an example. There are no updates coming down from the
updates repo even though there were a reasonable amount of update
packages posted to the list after F7 was released.

Peter