Re: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Fulko.Hew@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Even though I don't know the answer (I'm still looking myself...)
I think you also need to install iwlwifi-firmware
and you probably also want *NetworkManager.

 Has anybody ever got 3945ABG wireless working?  I've
tried and given up about a dozen times now.  I cant find
any good info or even a howto on wireless IP under Linux.

 On my updated Acer FC7 laptop the physical interface
is recognized, but there appears to be no way to access
it, configure it, etc.  The thing acts like /dev/null ...

 I'm not looking for GUI solutions with training wheels,
I welcome config files and commandline switches.

ron