Re: F7T4 DVD spin GRUB awful in Rawhide's qemu

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 18:00 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> I have some questions concerning qemu and Fedora 7 Test 4:
>
> I am, for some time now, on rawhide and would like to install F7T4 in qemu (I
> want a clean separate install on virtual machine and get screenshots from
> install phase, etc.) and what I got when grub starts is rather crippled image of
> what grub looks like when booted in a real PC [1]. Is it a grub bug or qemu bug
> or neither? After grub, everything seems to be OK (I am just at the point of
> "resolving dependences").

It's actually a bug in the Cirrus video bios used by qemu (and kvm) when
running in a 640x480, 24bpp vesa video mode.  For F7 final, we've
changed so that syslinux will prefer the 16bpp mode instead which then
works properly with the qemu video bios.

Jeremy