Re: kcryptd's priority

Hmmm... Maybe the wrong list. Could anybody please tell me in which mailinglist to ask this stuff?

Guido

Guido Ledermann wrote:
Hello,

I really don't know if this is the right list, but as I am now extensivly testing dm-crypt under F7 I post this here.

The priority of kcryptd is by default set to nice -5. I always have to change this manually by renicing it to 0 to let the system work well. If the nice value ist set to something <= 0 I experienced that the system often stutters and hangs for a second or so.

Is there an optione where I can change the nice value of kcryptd during the system start, or ist this hard coded somewhere? I have tried to renice it in /etc/rc.local but it sams to me, that kcryptd starts _after_ rc.local is processed.

Guido