mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'

Then

This was an ASUS k8v se delux with AMD 3400 processor. It was running FC6 and rawhide (up to date as of 4/3). I replaced the motherboad with an ASUS MSN-plus SLI with an AMD X2 4600. I can boot FC6 with not problems and see the two pata drives on the system. There are no SATA drives and the controller is disabled in the bios. I can also boot the FC7t3 live dvd and it work great, but the old rawhide will not boot. What can I do to get it to boot again? Why will it not find the root filesystem?

I need some help, please.

Jim