Re: FC6 -> FC7t3 upgrade can lead to incorrect grub config

Cam wrote:
Hi

I tried to upgrade a FC6 machine to FC7t3 using the DVD. Anaconda didn't find the grub config. I asked it to make a new installation of grub and the resulting menu.lst had incorrect numbers for the HD, eg. (1,2) instead of (0,2).

The symptoms were: grub menu behaved erratically (unable to edit boot commands); grub wasn't able to load a kernel, and the machine reset continually.

I used the rescue disc to boot and edited the menu.lst to (0,x) instead of (1,x) throughout, and the FC7t3 install was fine.

Is this a known problem or should I put it into BZ? I couldn't find anything relevant in BZ last night.

are you using IDE drives? It may be related to the move to the newer libata based IDE drivers.
go fill a bug  (and include info about your hd setup)
-Cam