Re: gdesklets included?

Brian C. Huffman wrote:
Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 04 April 2007 16:39:50 Brian C. Huffman wrote:
2) I also see in the Release Notes that native mp3 support will be
included.  Will that also be provided?
No.

This probably isn't a fair question since I haven't done my research, but is it for the same reason as before.  I found this tidbit: "Fedora won't ship MP3-capable software because the Fraunhofer
Institute's patent license terms are not compatible with the GPL."

However, now that Fluendo is providing mp3 decoding for free, is this still the case?

Yes. It is.  See http://www.fluendo.com/resources/fluendo_mp3.php

Rahul