Re: Gnome required?

On 3/6/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 3/6/07, Terry Polzin <foxec208@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I install F7T2  specifically selecting no GNOME.  What happens when I
>> log in
>> GNOME starts?  I try to remove GNOME via yum group remove and it wants to
>> remove openoffice and other things I want.
>>
>> Why all the GNOME baggage?
>
> I know what you mean dude. I'm not sure how other distros handle it -
> but Fedora seems to be unable to function (with a DE) without gnome.

Not true.  Again find out what is causing the dependency and file bug
reports instead. It is clearly possible to install Fedora without a
graphical environment.

Yes, of course that is possible. That is why I stated that with a
graphical environment and desktop environment, it may very well be
currently impossible to _not_ have gnome apps.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud