Re: how do you create the install disc for pungi

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Sunday 04 March 2007 12:55:25 Jim Cornette wrote:
Is there any documentation which explains the steps involved for pungi
builds?

The best (only) docs I have right now is in https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi/wiki/PungiDocs

pungi got a bit harder to use lately, I have to go back through and clean some stuff up from the test1/2 push. Check for a file in logs/ (could start with .) and see if there are any errors. Right now, pungi doesn't catch errors from the things which it calls to the system so there very well could have been errors. I need to fix that too soon (:

There is a log file called .386.log which seems to fail after writing .discinfo and when running pkgorder. (attached excerpt from log). Thanks for pointing out the log existence.

A bug report with the complete log will be submitted with pungi as the component. (development)

I had trouble understanding the documentation referenced in the link and kept feeling that I was looped back to the same information which was not clear to me when read the first time through.

Thanks,
Jim

Log excerpt:
Writing .discinfo file
timestamp not specified; using the current time
INFO:pypungi.pungi:Result from pkgorder: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder", line 34, in <module>
    from yuminstall import YumSorter
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/yuminstall.py", line 30, in <module>
    from packages import recreateInitrd
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 27, in <module>
    import fsset
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py", line 28, in <module>
    import partedUtils
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/partedUtils.py", line 27, in <module>
    import raid
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/raid.py", line 192
    isRaid10(raidLevel):
                       ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
INFO:pypungi.pungi:Result from rpm2cpio: /home/pungi/work/i386/docs /home
114 blocks
/home
INFO:pypungi.pungi:Result from rpm2cpio: /home/pungi/work/i386/docs /home
4766 blocks
/home