Re: Installing F7t2 onto existing software RAID

Ian Pilcher wrote:
Has anyone else tried this?  In my case, my existing software RAID
devices don't show up, and mdadm complains about "no devices found",
when I try to start a device on VT 2 (mdadm -A /dev/md0 /dev/sd[cd]5).

These are PATA drives, so theor names and device numbers did change, but
software RAID devices are *supposed* to survive that.

Anyone?  Thanks!

I have a (sata) md raid 0 system using fc6 I can test if anaconda find my raid array...
try booting with linux nodmraid and see if it works...
else welcome back bug 217291 (and other related bugs) ;).
(BTW, if I boot the live CD, the devices aren't started automatically,
but mdadm is able to start them.)

have seen this here to, can be cause there are no raid modules in the initrd.