Re: 24 hour format and other not useful clock options

Richard Körber wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

24 hour format is not totally useless, I just find it distracting.

Maybe it seems to be "useless" and "distracting" to you. But you should be
aware that almost all countries in the world are actually using that 24 hour
time notation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_clock

Regards

I realize that a lot of countries use the 24 hr format instead of the 12 hr AM/PM format as well as the metric system. I was for the metric system and phonics back in the school days but became accustomed to the other US hold-outs and am used to the 12 HR format.

Really the only choices with the language problem is for Unix and Internet time, which I have no idea of the value. There was no choice for 12 or 24 hr format as is the normal setup for selecting time.

Through the configuration editor all the choices had a schema error and it is not possible to even change the settings there.

Sorry for the insulting tone of the message. 24 hr, Unix and Internet time might have functional value. I just prefer the customary 12 hour AM/PM format.

Jim

--
You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house on the beach.