emacs 22

Interesting...today's update brought in the emacs 22 pretest snapshot.
This is OK with me - I've been building my own version for a little bit
now.  But I do find it curious, given that emacs 22 final before the
Fedora 7 release seems, um, unlikely.  There are certain things in
emacs 22 (gnus being the main example) which do not go back to version
21 in any sort of graceful way.  Does anybody know why this went in now?

jon