Re: RPM database all messed up after update

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 08:04:21PM -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
What would be a good way to get the database to reflect the actually installed packages?

$ rpm --help | grep -A1 justdb
  --justdb                         update the database, but do not modify the
                                   filesystem

I am afraid that you still need packages you want to feed
to rpm.  Start with 'rpm --rebuilddb' and see what are results.
Repeat few times if necessary.

   Michal

I just let the transaction happen in full glory all over again. This added the latest packages to the db but left the older entries from the actually erased packages lingering in the database. I then had to remove the older fictitious rpmdb entries with rpm -e --justdb

Before all of this trouble, I ran rpm --rebuilddb but there were still the older rpm entries within the db. I knew the newest packages were actually installed.

I'm guessing that the elfutils packages along with having a kernel install in the transaction may have tickled the error. The kernel because of the mysterious error with yum when a package is being installed among the upgraded rpm transactions.

Hopefully this error does not happen again with this error.

At least the at-spi package correction got rid of all of those closing programs which were launching bug-buddy. There isn't anything in yum which could have been triggered by ORBit2 or at-spi is there which would of caused this yum transaction error?

Jim

--
To err is human, but I can REALLY foul things up.