Re: mirror list and debuginfo bad, Ok with direct URL

Luke Macken wrote:
On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 09:51:06PM -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
I just had a crash with gnome-games and decided to install the debuginfo package so the information provided in the reports would be more useful to track down the problem with the bug buddy output. I had to use the direct url instead of the mirrorlist to get to the debuginfo packages. Should the default be for the single url since these packages are in less demand than the other binary rpms?

What happened when you tried to install it using the mirrorlist?

`yum --enablerepo=core-debuginfo install gnome-games-debuginfo` works
fine for me.

luke

Every attempt ended up without finding a development repo for debuginfo. This was also true for development extras.

Changing the mirrorlist to the excerpt below let me grab the debuginfo file for gnome-games. now to win a game again for aisleriot to see if I can get a trace.

[development-debuginfo]
name=Fedora Core - Development - Debug
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/debug/
#mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide-debug&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Jim

--
People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction
rather than surrender any material part of their advantage.