Re: rawhide report: 20061219 changes

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 11:41:52 -0500,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Respin attempts can happen, but when the new package set + anaconda fails,
> who's going to do the work to fix things?

Well it looks like it is going to be the people doing the respins. I have
tried some of this and even reported some bugs I found while testing things.
I have also learned that if you use the versions of anaconda and its
dependencies that were originally delivered for FC6, respinning DVDs seems
to work. I didn't get CD version to work quite right, but I did get it
working well enough, that I could use the first CD to do an http install
on a machine that couldn't read DVD+RWs.

Considering that I only run Fedora on 3 machines, I spent a lot more time
doing respin attempts for FC6 than was worth it from a testing perspective.
But I did it primarily as a learning experience. However, if I end up with
time to do some FC7 testing when it gets close to release, this will still
be useful, as I can test installing with the updated packages after say,
FC7test3 has been built.

On sort of a related note, is the Pungi project going to just support doing
respins on the original package set, rather than being able to support respins
using updated packages?