Passing serial ports to xen guests with kernel-xen

Hi all,

This may be going slightly out of topic for this list, however I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a way to pass a physical serial port (/dev/ttyS0) to a Xen guest?

I have thought of other options such as passing a USB controller to the Xen guest using pciback, however this will require a custom kernel as usbcore etc is built into the FC kernels.

What I want to achieve is to control a PC based RF Radio scanner that hooks up to a COM port, have it web tunable and stream the received audio out via shoutcast etc. For obvious reasons, I don't want to do this on the host machine :)

Anyone have any ideas?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx