Re: Wow! Lots of kernel flaws...

Hi Steve,

I am one of the authors that wrote the filesystem fuzzing tool that found most
of the problems you mention. We are working through the bugs it found and
already have bugzillas for the affected file systems. Dave Jones has already
released one kernel that fixes some of the problems.

If you are the paranoid type, you can fix gnome-volume-manager to not load
external disks. You either have to have physical access to the machine or
root to take advantage of the flaws.

When it comes to system administration, I try to lean toward paranoid. :-)
But, in either case, again, this is good to know. Thanks! Let's hope that nothing else they find becomes a remote exploit.