Not sure how to fix this one - advice please

Hi,

I've a clean install of FC6, updated to rawhide. It was on the xen
kernel, but is now on a standard one (intel chipset issues).

Problem is this, I log in as root, startx, add me as a user. Open a
terminal window and can login as me as a new user. Come out of X, try to
log in as me at the runlevel 3 login prompt - it won't have it. I can't
ftp to the machine either (using the details for me I've entered on the
other machine).

Makes no difference if selinux is set to permissive or off entirely.

Anyone got any ideas what on earth is going on and more over, how do I
fix it?

TTFN

Paul

P.S. Due to the xen problem, firstboot was never run (AFAIK) or at least
completed. Not sure if this has any bearing on matters.
--
Sie k�n mich aufreizen und wirklich hei�machen!