Re: "setting' sub-menu now missing from KDE main menu

Fulko.Hew@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
After yesterday's upgrade of KDE bits (on FC5 specifically),
the 'settings' sub-menu has disappeared from my machine.

So all the items for configuring the display, network, etc.
are missing, including the KDE control center.

Comments?

Humm. I wonder if this is an overflow from FC6. I notice that they were doing some updates to FC5 which looked to me that they were porting a few things into FC5, that they felt was in good shape for FC6.

I will have FC5 up this afternoon, when I am having a muck with the Epson scanner. I will see if I see anything obvious when using KDE.

I assume that they are not being careful enough with their updates and thus you are getting splashed with their bath water.

--
Glenn Simpson VE3DSP
Hamilton, Ont