Re: Fedora Core 6 Test Update: nautilus-2.16.0-7.fc6

Antonio Olivares wrote:

I have core, updates, development and extras enabled
and have imported fedora-release-6-4.noarch.rpm from http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/

[root@localhost olivares]# yum list updates
Setting up repositories
core                      100%
|=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00

This appears to be enabled as it should be.

updates                   100%
|=========================| 951 B 00:00

ditto ...

development               100%
|=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00

You need to disable this repo. It probably dropped an rpmnew or rpmsave file in the repository directory /etc/yum.repos.d - You need to either set enabled=1 to enabled=0 or replace the file with the rpmnew or rpmsave version which should be setup correctly.

extras                    100%
|=========================| 1.1 kB 00:00 Reading repository metadata in from local files
primary.xml.gz            100%

ditto ...

To get updates-testing, I need to enable it(how?),

In the /etc/yum.repos.d directory, there should be a file called fedora-updates-testing.repo - You need to change enabled=0 to enabled=1 and save the file.

I'll act upon recommendations from fellow testers and
advice.  Thanks for helping out.

Right now, development and updates repos are probably colliding. I hope this advice is clear enough to get you started on FC6 and with the testing versions.
Jim

Regards,

Antonio
--
We are Microsoft. What you are experiencing is not a problem; it is an undocumented feature.