Re: Kernel 2.6.18-1.2200 beeps too often - adjust frequency, duration ?

Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, David Timms <dtimms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
It's bad when you are command lining, and tab completing. It would be good for it not to happen at that point; everyone in the office thinks I'm making mistakes ;) I'm really just saving keystrokes. It also comes through from ssh sessions etc.

Check the bash man page; it is possible to disable the bell IIRC.
I have seen the messages that note how to disable the module.
Hoever, is there any way to adjust frequency or sound of the BELL to sound more like a bell than like an error noise ? Even just a very short click would be nicer {it is useful to have the noise, but not so loud and ugly of a sound}.

DaveT.