Re: Questions about system-config-* tools

On 10/11/06, Kwan Lowe <kwan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been using some of the system-config-* tools under FC6T4. They all seem to use
the consolehelper application. Some questions:

1) How is the root authentication cached? I notice that the first use of the tool
requires entering the root pw, but subsequent ones do not. I would like to turn off
this feature to force root auth every time.

Possibly the consolehelper man page will help, or any other pam
documentation you find.

A workaround might be to use "su -c" which will only do one command.

2) Is it possible for system-config-securitylevel-tui also prompt for root pw?
Currently it exits with "ERROR - You must be root to run lokkit."

3) When running system-config-packages as non-root, it throws an error "Unknown
Error" instead of putting up the root password dialog. Twice so far this error has
occurred when running as the root user.

The best thing to do in this case is to file bugs and feature requests
to track these issues:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests

John