Re: "busy" disk trouble

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 01:37:46AM +0200, ronald wrote:
Michal Jaegermann wrote:
??? Neither fuser, nor lsof, nor searches for anything else reveal
why /dev/sdb1 could be "in use".
take a look at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-September/msg02311.html

the last part !

You really mean "Re: Setting hostname error, at startup" posting?
the hostname error lead my to the solution of my problem to access my disk at the fc6t3 installation:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-September/msg00206.html

I have some doubts if this is really a dmraid issue as at some
moment I had no dmraid in my initrd at all and this did not help.
I my try that later again.  I do not have any RAID on my test box.

my disk was not accessible caused by a membership in a raid system month ago, but still containing a label/signature from that. i could fdisk the drive, but couldn't not swap on it or delete/create partitions/file systems on it.

after reading your posting i remembered it, but if it's not your problem: okay ! it was just my idea...

--
   ronald