Re: Shutdown errors about 'logging/handlers.py' .... ?

On 9/28/06, John Dennis <jdennis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's possible this might be coming from setroubleshootd which uses the
python logging library to write to syslog (the same could be said for
any daemon written in python). But there are two odd things, the code in
the python logging library is wrapped in a try/except so it shouldn't be
generating error messages and if setroubleshootd is the culprit then it
should have been shutdown by init (e.g. service stop) before this point.
The client portion of setroubleshoot (sealert) uses the same code but it
should have been shutdown when the desktop login session was terminated.
Hmm....
--
John Dennis <jdennis@xxxxxxxxxx>

John,

Good call.  I inserted a 'ps agx >/tmp/before.15' in S01reboot. I
attach. Looks like setroubleshootd is still running:

2179 ?        Ss     0:00 irqbalance
2220 ?        Ssl    0:01 /usr/bin/python -E /usr/sbin/setroubleshootd
2442 ?        S<     0:00 [krfcommd]

I'll tried explictly killing it off before I shutdown....That seems to
fix things.

tom
--
Tom London