Re: Nvidia beta & desktop effects

Dwaine Garden wrote:
I finally got it going with gnome.   I have no noticed any slow down what so ever.
I'm even compiling two applications and watching a divx movie with mplayer.

The screen updates on the wobble are sliky smooth.   I'm very impressed.

Dwaine, would you mind posting your xorg.conf? I can't seem to get off the ground with compiz. I got the Nvidia beta 9625 driver installed and working easily enough, but when I start compiz, I get this:

[jcliburn@osprey ~]$ compiz --replace gconf
compiz: No sync extension

I'm running rawhide x86_64. I'd appreciate any other hints or tips to get it working.

Thanks,
Jay