Re: Nvidia bata & desktop effects

Lars G wrote:
On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 19:04 -0700, listman wrote:
On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 17:12 -0700, Dwaine Garden wrote:
It did not help me.  I'm getting the missing kde borders and compiz
segfaults when running
it.

Anyone elese having this problem?
Does it work in Gnome?, I'll install KDE and see if it works for me.

i got my borders back (in gnome) after
- deleting the ~/.gconf/apps/compiz dir
- restarting X
- toggling the gnome desktop effects button off/on

maybe this helps you too!

i found that compiz runs a lot smoother with high cpu load when
started with the "--direct-rendering" option.

With that option my desktop background turns black, the windows don't "wobble" anymore and everything is still extremely slow.

I tried a current git checkout from freedesktop.org that support the --use-cow option. That improves performance a lot (and makes compiz actually usable) but I get the same blck desktop problem as mentioned above.

Regards,
  Dennis