Re: FC6 and laptop suspend/resume: should be a high priority bug

Paul Johnson wrote:
The last kernel on which my Dell D820 latitude would suspend & resume
was 2.6.16.  For the last two months or so---all of th 2.6.17
versions--have failed.  The systems suspend, but don't resume.

There are plenty of reports like this in bugzilla.redhat.com.  My
opinion is that FC6 should not be released as final until the problem
is addressed.  What do you think?

Does not appear to be a universal problem. I found that my Thinkpad A31p suspends/resumes just fine when I use Gnome (usually I use Xfce), much to my pleasant surprise.

As long as it is a situation of "some do, some don't", I don't think it is reasonable to hold up a major release like FC6.

-pmr