Re: Playing videos using Totem.

Quoting Steven Haigh <netwiz@xxxxxxxxx>:
Quoting "Robert M. Albrecht" <romal@xxxxxx>:
Hi,

you need the gstreamer and xvid stuff vom livnas development-repo:

http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/development/i386/

I did this, however I get video, however I can't get audio to work no
matter what I do. I've tried both mp3 and AC3 audio, and all videos
seem to be silent.

Replying to myself, it seems that I needed to have esd running to get any kind of audio. The interesting thing however is that when I do this, the video frame-rate becomes VERY jittery to the point that it's nowhere near fluid video.

CPU usage doesn't seem to be an issue, so I have a feeling that it's something to do with the interaction between esound and totem.

Has anyone got this working properly? Can totem use alsa? It would be nice to be able to play multiple sounds at once (gaim sounds + video for example) however I really can't seem to find a way to be able to make this happen, and still get acceptable performance...

Thoughts? Ideas?

As above :)

--
Steven Haigh