Re: The pretty Fedora screen saver password dialog gone?

Quoting Matthias Clasen <mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 23:21 +1000, Steven Haigh wrote:
I just installed FC5 on a PC and am in the middle of upgrading it to
rawhide, and I noticed that this machine I'm on now doesn't have the
pretty Fedora screensaver unlock/password dialog.

Anyone know where this went or how it can be re-enabled?

On my rawhide laptop, I only get a grey dialog box, not the one with
the pretty Fedora teardrop thing. I've checked my theme and it is the
"Clearlooks" one.....

We disabled the connection between the lock dialog theme and the
selected screensaver, since it confused people. You can still get the
themed lock dialog back, by setting the
key /apps/gnome-screensaver/lock_dialog_theme to "system" in
gconf-editor.

Awesome thanks! Out of interest, what were people getting confused over? Were they confusing it with something else? It seems pretty straight forward to me, hence I actually thought something had broken ;)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.crc.id.au