Re: Seamless "downgrade" from test-brach to final version

Arik Raffael Funke wrote:

Thanks Jesse. I am maybe lacking imagination, but where will problems typically arise? If all packages are replaced by their final version, why is it probable that conflicts will occur? (I am thinking of fairly advanced testversions that have been feature-frozen, i.e. test4.) Sorry if this sounds naive... I saw that the wiki does not recommend it, but it did not explain, why this is a bad idea. :-)
It's not recommended since there's no guarantee the upgrade will result in the same FC6 system as a clean install will do. In the past there have been test releases with data corruption problems. If your filesystem is trashed by a test release it won't help to upgrade to the final release.

Klaasjan